SDL on usb stick

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Wed Apr 4 19:53:53 UTC 2007

On Wed, Apr 04, 2007 at 02:47:04PM -0400, Jose wrote:
> I have a 1GB usb stick, I tried loading it with DamnSmallLinux 3.3 on
> it, but after running syslinux ver 32 and 30 and creating a 250
> partition just allow some extra room, and left the rest unpartition, I
> am unable to make to run , I ran the pendrive.bat and dslbase.bat from a
> Windows station and both run fine.
>
> During bootup I got on one sation the message "missing os" and trying on
> another station, it would just bypass the usb after checking if there is
> anything on it.
>
> I also tried using Puppy, got it to startup the OS, but just after I
> press F2 or ENTER to continue with loading the kernel, it just hangs.
>
> Has anybody tried this before, thanks in advance for any comments

There isn't really a standard for booting from USB.  There are a few
different ways to do it.  Perhaps your bios doesn't support the method
your setup wants to use.  Or maybe the bios is not set to boot from usb,
or if it is, it is set to boot from usb using the wrong method.  What
choices does the bios have and which did you pick?

--
Len Sorensen