free: exotic monitors (very high res monochrome)

D. Hugh Redelmeier hugh-pmF8o41NoarQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Tue Apr 3 21:14:37 UTC 2007

A month ago, I offered these monitors to TLUG (and then Craigslist and
Freecycle).  Nobody was crazy enough to take them.

So I've sweetened the deal!

>From a generous freecycler, I got an adapter (13w3 to VGA) that would
allow you to connect one of these to a VGA controller card.  All you
have to do is figure out the settings.  Most controllers could not
drive these at full resolution, but that isn't required.

I used one monitor for a few minutes yesterday (on a Win95 box with
the ImageAccel 2 video card).  It looked nice.

Last call!  Otherwise these are going to Environment Day soon
  http://www.toronto.ca/environment_days/schedule.htm
(At past Environment Days I've seen a lot of hardware that could have
been reused.  Instead, they were destined to be scrapped.  Sad, but
probably economically sound.)