How to print to USB printer from embedded ARM board?

Kevin Cozens kevin-4dS5u2o1hCn3fQ9qLvQP4Q at public.gmane.org
Mon Apr 2 18:22:55 UTC 2007

Mel Wilson wrote:
> The board manufacturer supplies root filesystem images for Debian
> Linux.  I'm running a TS-7400 here with Debian 3.1 Sarge.  With this you
> can do apt-get for any of the Debian supported packages that weren't
> included in the image.

Good to know. I just looked and I see it in the list I made of the files in
the root filesystem.

> The apt-get install for CUPS was easy (22.7MB storage, btw), but then I
> got hung up on USB printer support -- lack of drivers or some such thing...
> I, too, will chase this down.  I need to know this stuff.

Can I chat with you off-list about this? I'd like to get more details about
the problems you are experiencing in case I may run in to the same problems.
My first question is whether there is a /dev/usb/lp0 (or similar) that appears
when the printer is connected and turned on.

--
Cheers!

Kevin.