What Is The Linux Version Of ...

Ansar Mohammed ansarm-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Mon Apr 2 03:16:34 UTC 2007

Again, pardon my ignorance. But I am speaking of things like controlling
browser proxy settings, forcing a background, forcing desktop themes etc..

I should probably frame this..

My daughter just started kindergarten in a private institution and they had
a bunch of computers and I was thinking of hooking them up together in a
network. So my buddy and I went in, wired the place and setup a file server
etc..

The thing is that these are pre-teen kids and I wanted to find a way to lock
down the desktop so that they cant change wallpapers and themes etc.. the
edu versions of windows 2003 svr is pretty cheap but I was wondering how
would I do this with Linux... (client and server)