OT: Looking for a reliable 3rd party AD Provider

Rob Sutherland rob-3Aypa9sX/B7wvR0lvYjcXw at public.gmane.org
Sun Apr 1 15:51:39 UTC 2007

Christopher Browne wrote:

> True, and go further; you have to be certain that salesforce.com is
> 100% successful at paying *their* bills on time, at least for all of
> the services that are relevant to the authentication system...

I had a couple conversations about this with people I've been pitching
SugarCRM
as an in house solution to. The main motivation I've heard expressed for
buying these
hosted services plans seems to be so that their employees can't get at
the data. It's
funny or rather, ironic, that although the people I've talked to
obviously feel that there
employees are incompetent lying thieves, it doesn't seem to occur to
them that the employees of the
service provider or the owners may be even bigger incompetent lying
thieves. The implications
of the ready availability of keyloggers also don't seem to have sunk in.
And when you bring up the
availability/lag issues they just look blank.

Rob