PCI Device problem - maybe

Merv Curley mervc-MwcKTmeKVNQ at public.gmane.org
Sun Apr 1 14:40:48 UTC 2007

On Friday 30 March 2007 18:37, Ian Petersen wrote:
> On 3/30/07, Merv Curley <mervc-MwcKTmeKVNQ at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> > PCI :  Cannot allocate resource region 1 of device 0000:00:0c.0
> >                                     ditto                               2
> >        and regions 3, 4, 5
> >

> I'm pretty sure the '0000:00:0c.0' is some kind of PCI identifier (I
> don't know if it's a bus number, or what).  If you run lspci, it'll
> show you the PCI devices on the system beside this PCI identifier,
> which you should be able to compare to the error message to narrow
> down which device is failing.
>
> Ian

Well I have found the device. I wanted more serial ports on this machine and
some years ago installed a PCI card with 2 ports. Removed it and the errors
went away.  Now to find out why it is no longer usable with Debian.  Dmsg in
FC-6 and SuSE 10.2 don't report the error, but the card may not be active
with them either. Haven't used the extra ports in many months.

--
Merv Curley
Toronto, Ont. Can

Sidux 2007-1  Linux