We need to make a good Windows UI clone (Was: At the US border)

Jason Spiro jasonspiro4-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Fri Sep 29 20:56:27 UTC 2006

2006/9/25, Rick Tomaschuk <rickl-ZACYGPecefkm4kRHVhTciCwD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> Don't anyone tell me not to bash Micro$oft since these scumbags affect
> my life just about everywhere I go!!!!

You're right. People sadly stick with Windows even despite all its
problems. I think the problem is that nobody likes change. One
computer lab at my school has 100 Windows PCs and 20 Macs. Nobody
really uses the Macs. They are all stay powered off, and simply nobody
uses them.

People don't want to learn a new OS with different dialog boxes and
whatnot than they're used to. To them, computer is just a tool, and
people want the tool they're familiar with. They just want bad old
Windows.

Sad, but true.

Perhaps what we need to do is make a good, spyware-proof Linux-based
clone of the Windows UI which runs MS Office perfectly using Wine-like
emulation technology. That'd be the first step towards convincing the
majority of people to make the switch.

> Friends don't let friends use windows....

When you open Windows, bugs get in.

Regards,
Jason

--
Jason Spiro: computer consulting with a smile.
I also provide training and spyware removal services for homes and businesses.