Problems with Kubuntu Edgy and SMB mounting

Chris F.A. Johnson cfaj-uVmiyxGBW52XDw4h08c5KA at public.gmane.org
Fri Sep 29 04:44:03 UTC 2006

On Thu, 28 Sep 2006, Merv Curley wrote:

> Before you make a final determination, I found the Ubuntu philosophy not to my
> liking and much prefer this distro,  Kanotix.  It uses the Debian
> repositories and I find them more up to date than Kubuntu. None of this sudo
> stuff for root,  have terminals run as root,

    Every distro has the "sudo stuff" for root.

    When I used Ubuntu, I always had a root terminal open.

    If you want to be able to log in as root, just give root a
    password. Even without that, you can open a root terminal window:
    "sudo xterm" or "sudo rxvt" or whatever.

--
    Chris F.A. Johnson                      <http://cfaj.freeshell.org>