Life on the bleeding edge

JoeHill joehill-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org
Fri Sep 29 00:11:11 UTC 2006

On Thu, 28 Sep 2006 16:36:51 -0400 (EDT)
Chris F.A. Johnson got an infinite number of monkeys to type out:

> > I'm only asking because of the three distros I've tried, only Debian did not
> > create a /home dir by default, IIRC.
>
>     A directory is not a partition.

Oops! Yer right...man I'm a dope sometimes.

Now that I look at my Ubuntu systems, I see that /home is merely a dir off of /.

...and now that I think about it, on my Debian and Mandrake systems, IIRC, I
had to tell it to create a seperate /home partition.

--
JoeHill / RLU #282046