Problems with Kubuntu Edgy and SMB mounting

Merv Curley mervc-MwcKTmeKVNQ at public.gmane.org
Thu Sep 28 17:29:55 UTC 2006

On Wednesday 27 September 2006 12:42, Evan Leibovitch wrote:
> Well, the weekend install went surprisingly easily (for a distro I'd
> never really used much before) and I'm extremely happy with the result.
> There are just a couple of niggling things that I thought I'd ask about
> here before raising them as probloems or bugs. Some of these are as
> likely problems with my setup as bugs in Edgy. Reporting stuff is also
> better accepted is a solution can be offered :-).

Before you make a final determination, I found the Ubuntu philosophy not to my
liking and much prefer this distro,  Kanotix.  It uses the Debian
repositories and I find them more up to date than Kubuntu. None of this sudo
stuff for root,  have terminals run as root,  add admin mode apps to the K
menu and so on.

Kanotix.com

Cheerio

--