Cleaning Flat Panels...

CLIFFORD ILKAY clifford_ilkay-biY6FKoJMRdBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Wed Sep 27 20:50:16 UTC 2006

On Wednesday 27 September 2006 13:58, JoeHill wrote:
[snip]
> Anyone have any magic tricks they use to keep their FP display
> clean?

I use a soft, lint-free cloth or paper towel and a spray screen
cleaner, Kensington, Belkin, whatever is at hand. You can buy the
sprays from stationary supply stores. The cleaners seem to be
alcohol-based since they evaporate very quickly. I find I get better,
streak-free results if I spray the cloth rather than spray the screen
and wipe gently without swirling the cloth. In between cleanings, I
use a carbon fiber record cleaning brush that I bought many years ago
at Ring Audio to pick up the dust that settles on the screen.
--
Regards,

Clifford Ilkay
Dinamis Corporation