Cleaning Flat Panels...

James Knott james.knott-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Wed Sep 27 20:19:36 UTC 2006

phiscock-g851W1bGYuGnS0EtXVNi6w at public.gmane.org wrote:

>> Now, try cleaning an LCD when your daughter gets a hold of 5 different
>> colour Sharpie Markers and wipes
>> that over your LCD.. trust me, the above won't work - there's are other
>> alternatives, which trust me,
>> is a trial and error I've done TWICE to the same monitor. No more
>> Sharpie's near the computer now! ;)
>>
>> - Eric
>
> When my daughter was at the crawling stage, she discovered that operating
> the red button on the power bar under the computer bench would cause both
> her parents to dance around in a state of great agitation.
>
> What fun!

Many years ago, I was in an assembly language programming class for the
Datapoint 2200 (think Intel 8008 CPU, though made with discrete logic).
  Those devices used cassette tape for storage and I occasionally wanter
around the class and "accidentally" trip over a power cord, if I noticed
someone hadn't saved their data.  ;-)