Cleaning Flat Panels...

Christopher Browne cbbrowne-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Wed Sep 27 18:30:22 UTC 2006

On 9/27/06, JoeHill <joehill-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> However, there are some spots which I would like to clean off, and the 'soft
> dry cloth' doesn't seem to do it. Obviously I'm nervous about pressing too hard.
>
> Anyone have any magic tricks they use to keep their FP display clean?

I got a bag of microfibre towels at Costco; they're intended for
cleaning cars, but are entirely suitable for mcuh more delicate
things.  (After all, they were long only available from 3M, at about
$6 for a 6" square, for cleaning glasses...)

Every few days, I spray some glasses cleaner on the screens and wipe
down with the microfibre.  Actually, I've got a bag of 18" squares in
the trunk of the car; I'll probably be driving in to the next meeting,
so could be willing to part with most of them there...  $1 each is
probably fair...
Oddly enough, this is completely standard behaviour for shells. This
is a roundabout way of saying `don't use combined chains of `&&'s and
`||'s unless you think Gödel's theorem is for sissies'.