Problems with Kubuntu Edgy and SMB Mounting

John McGregor mr.mcgregor-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Wed Sep 27 18:09:10 UTC 2006

> 2) Also in Thunderbird. When I click on a URL in my mail it opens
> Konqueror rather than Firefox. I think I've looked everywhere to see
> where the association is made but obviously I' ve missed something.

In Mepis 6, which should be the same as Kubuntu Edgy, the path is:

Start --> System --> System Configuration --> KDE Components -->
Component Chooser

>From there you can specify your default browser and email client and a
few other things.

As to the problem of the missing icon in the panel, I've had a similar
problem in the past due to the wanted icon not scaling to the chosen
resolution. Selecting the 'use larger icons' option for the panel
usually solved the problem.

HTH

John