Fud, Fud and Fud et al

paul sutton zleap-Tp5KeRqLOeNeoWH0uzbU5w at public.gmane.org
Wed Sep 27 08:27:38 UTC 2006

you raise a good point here,  however there is nothing to stop adobe
writing an install script for acrobat reader in order to allow users to
EASILY install it on client computers,   (it's a free download anyway).
it would be better than download and manually installing.

GIMP is fine, i don't think the amount of choice given is anti
competative, esp as the Linux and related source is available freely so
if adobe want to port photoshop to Linux they could.  The only problem
is the differences between gnome and kde,  in terms of libraries,  but
this is being resolved so there is a common set of libraries, people can
use,  which in the long term will benefit all users.  and may actually
get things ported.  SOmetimes choice is a bad thingand can slow down
progress but the community is willing to listen and address these
issues, something again that should be promoted.

we need to do more postive promotion,  at present codeweavers produce
crossover office, that can run photoshop, and other applications written
for windows, lets not worry what Microsoft are doing, lets concentrate
on what We as a community want, promote and enhance our software. we do
that right and we may start getting more LInux desktops,

as people have said the more we bash microsoft it looks bad on us,
plus the more we discuss MS articles with links or start threads like
this it kind of suggests we have nothing to chat about with regard to
OSS and Linux.

Paul