Life on the bleeding edge

JoeHill joehill-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org
Wed Sep 27 01:28:31 UTC 2006

On Tue, 26 Sep 2006 11:05:34 -0400
Evan Leibovitch got an infinite number of monkeys to type out:

> Some are better at this than others. Mandriva is notorious for not
> having easy upgrade procedures, making a re-install less pain than an
> upgrade. I sure hope they've fixed that.

I tend to be very conservative in this area: I never upgrade unless there's
something I absolutely must have.

However, I have interacted with many on the Mandriva lists who do a 'urpmi
--auto-select' every day with no issues. I know for certain that for many of
them, this is their 'main' desktop box, so unless they're lying or utterly
insane, it looks like it's gotten a lot better.

I'm definitely gonna try it with 2007:

http://qa.mandriva.com/twiki/bin/view/Main/MandrivaLinux2007ReleaseNotes

Whoa.

I'd love to try Gentoo, but I got these two kids, and a job to find... ;)

--
JoeHill / RLU #282046