Publishing note...

Colin McGregor colinmc151-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Tue Sep 26 19:51:03 UTC 2006

--- Emma Jane Hogbin <emmajane-MHIYrZpDPrNWk0Htik3J/w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> HELO,
>
> The gtalug.org site is down (and with it any
> potential access to
> Web-based archives). Out of curiosity...did anything
> ever become of the
> writing group idea?

Told Drew Sullivan (who owns the site) about the
problem with gtalug.org to his face last evening, not
sure what is wrong/when it will be fixed, but the
right person has been told.

Nothing much happened re: the writing group idea, but
I will try to kick start it in a few days (need to
finish a review for Tux Magazine first).

Have had two articles rejected over the past month,
one for Tux Magazine, and one for a planned Tux
Magazine spin-off. The first article has found another
home already mind you (it is on SpamAssassin and is to
appear in a future issue (I don't know when) of Linux
Journal). Got word on the other rejection (an article
on Procmail) and I have started that circulating
elsewhere (starting with Linux Journal). So, we shall
see...

So, for a writers group I am interested in
"intelligence" as in which tech. publishers are buying
what, and how much are they paying :-) .

Colin.