Email Image Spam

Ahmad transoxania-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org
Sat Sep 23 18:46:22 UTC 2006

Not really on topic but some users seem to be knowledgeable about spam.
  For the past few months I have been getting the odd piece of spam
using images to circumvent spam filters.  Aside from the amusing
attempts by these messages to untrain my spam filters with content from
books as the plain text it was easy to write a new filter to catch the
spam.  As soon as I did that I get a new spam message that circumvents
the new filter with a bizarre subject "weary of the war" with excerpts
from the book Head First "Design Patterns".  I read the plain text and
although it was simply text ripped from the book it actually made sense
to me in the context of my new filter and the new piece of spam.  The
text was rearranged and was going about patterns that made sense in the
context of spam patterns.  Honestly, I only put sugar and milk in my
nescafe.

Now get this, I just spell checked this email and it offered to replace
the word nescafe with the word mescaline.  I'll bring some coffee to the
next lug meeting if anyone wants a cup.