Playing videos

Erebus erebus-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Fri Sep 22 23:52:42 UTC 2006

OK. Here's the thing. I can watch MPEGs (stored on my hard drive) in
Kaffeine (I'm running Kubuntu 6.06) but when I go to run:

1) .avi's - It says that it is running but nothing is visible on the
screen (it's like a totally black video when Kaffeine shows it)
2) .asf's - it says "A problem occur while loading a library or a
decoder: wmvdmod.dll"
3) Realmedia Files - KDE asks which app to use to run this file type and
I tell it "kaffeine" and then nothing ever happens
4) .wmv's - same error as with .asf's

Thanks in advance. Solving this problem would put me another great leap
forward towards never needing to use Windows again (my ultimate goal).

Frank in Mississauga (a.k.a. Erebus)