FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD

John Van Ostrand john-Da48MpWaEp0CzWx7n4ubxQ at public.gmane.org
Fri Sep 22 04:33:28 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-09-21 at 21:32 -0400, JoeHill wrote:
> It is most certainly a lie. MS is presenting this POS as if it will be of net
> benefit to the economy. Nothing could be further from the truth.
>
> This is akin to the Nuclear Lobby claiming their energy is 'clean', despite the
> thousands of _dead lakes_ that dot our country from the mining of Uranium.

It's not just MS that does this. Most of the hardware vendors rely on
this for continuing income, both at the high end (Intel/AMD) and on the
street. They need bigger, hungrier software to force an upgrade and sell
more units.

When we were an MCSP (MS Certified Solution Provider), MS would send us
marketing material. I clearly remember two different sheets, one that
gave me "facts" for my customers and another that was designed to
convince me to continue to sel MS. There was one contradicting "fact"
that stood out.

We were told to tell the consumer that MS solutions would save them
money by delivering lower TCO.

MS told us that it would provide more ongoing licensing, installation,
support and training revenue for us.

The message was clear, we started focusing on Linux rather than lie to
our customers.