iPod on Linux

Marc Lijour marc-bbkyySd1vPWsTnJN9+BGXg at public.gmane.org
Thu Sep 21 23:30:30 UTC 2006

On September 21, 2006 01:45 pm, Rick Tomaschuk wrote:
> I received an iPod for a gift but it requires Windows/Mac to load music.
> (groan) I've found some links for Linux help below. Any positive
> experiences on alternatives for iPod loading using Linux appreciated.

I love kpod (see sourceforge). There is a kio interface, aka you can type
ipod:// instead of ftp:// or http:// in konqueror and then use drag and drop
from there (beware it is a little trickier than that though as you have to
click on some file to resync). All in all it is a pretty and very promissing
package.

I like also Amarok, and it is not only the ipod interface, you get the full
Amarok package...

GtkPod is very good too as said earlier on this list.