https problems when behind a proxy

Kihara Muriithi william.muriithi-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Tue Sep 19 18:08:00 UTC 2006

Hallo all,
 I have come across this problem a couple of time. When I set a laptop
running Redhat behind a proxy (Window ISA in one case and Webmarshall on the
other), I can not visit any site that use https. The problem manifest itself
with the browser taking really long to pull anything and finally throwing an
error the address could not be found. However, if I log on a Window box
behind the same proxy, everything seems to work smoothly. I am very sure the
problem is not related to any configuration on my Linux installation as a
clean install on another box ended in the same error.
 Would somebody by any chance have come accross this problem? What is the
best way to figure out the route of the problem?
Please assist.

William