Host for commercial mail list?

Alex Beamish talexb-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu Sep 14 17:21:52 UTC 2006

On 9/13/06, phiscock-g851W1bGYuGnS0EtXVNi6w at public.gmane.org <phiscock-g851W1bGYuGnS0EtXVNi6w at public.gmane.org> wrote:

> I'd like to ask the group for advice on choosing a company to host a
> commercial mailing list. There are free mail list hosting services out
> there, but I assume they are for non-commercial use. And we can't use
> something that supported by advertising.
>
> The company we're currently using for web page hosting charges about $50
> per month to host a mail list, which strikes me as a bit high.
>
> It could be anywhere in the world, but it would be a bonus to use a local
> business.
>
> Any suggestions would be welcome.

I use pair Networks (http://www.pair.com) as my web provider, and they have
a free mailing list service (
http://www.pair.com/services/mailing_lists/index.html). The fine print says
'pricing .. will be announced in the near future' but that's just their way
of saying that it's free now, but we reserve the right to charge for it
later. It's been a couple of years, and there are no additional charges for
mailing lists yet.

--
Alex Beamish
Toronto, Ontario