Host for commercial mail list?

Giles Orr gilesorr-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu Sep 14 02:31:23 UTC 2006

On 9/13/06, phiscock-g851W1bGYuGnS0EtXVNi6w at public.gmane.org <phiscock-g851W1bGYuGnS0EtXVNi6w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> I'd like to ask the group for advice on choosing a company to host a
> commercial mailing list. There are free mail list hosting services out
> there, but I assume they are for non-commercial use. And we can't use
> something that supported by advertising.
>
> The company we're currently using for web page hosting charges about $50
> per month to host a mail list, which strikes me as a bit high.
>
> It could be anywhere in the world, but it would be a bonus to use a local
> business.

My web hosting service (http://jaguarpc.com/) charges me about
$8US/month for 6 gigabytes of space and lots of bandwidth, and mailing
lists (many times many, if you care to run them) are an incidental
extra.  I ran a couple lists with their software, no problem.  I've
been with them four years, just paid for another year because both
their services and support are excellent.  They're not local though:
Texas.  I found them when I lived and worked in the US, and they still
look like a very good deal.

--
Giles
http://www.gilesorr.com/