hardware recycling

paul sutton zleap-Tp5KeRqLOeNeoWH0uzbU5w at public.gmane.org
Wed Sep 13 21:06:37 UTC 2006

Not sure what a  AMD k6/2 500  is equivilent to  in terms of intel
hardware ( I am thinking p2 ) but I took my old one down the rugby club,
it's running windows 98, and  has 256 mbof ram,  and i installed open
office , connected my old printer (which is in bad shape),  however the
purpose I am using it for it works great,  ok a bit slow, but I am used
to a Duron 1600 with 1gb ram,  but i just use it to type stuff out for
people at the club.

Old hardware is still perfectly usable,  it just depends on what you
want to use it for,  I have a p3 900 with 256 ram,  (laptop) running
debian,  in fact it runs it extremely well,   so again it's older
hardware but for doing what I do it works and that all that matters,  as
someone said faster hardware does not mean I will get my work done any
quicker.

I am sure there are lots of people out there who would apreciate the
older hardware,

paul