[OT] audio connection help

Jamon Camisso jamon.camisso-H217xnMUJC0sA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org
Mon Sep 11 19:21:19 UTC 2006

Sy Ali wrote:
> On 9/11/06, Lennart Sorensen <lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org> wrote:
>> On Fri, Sep 08, 2006 at 04:36:08PM -0400, Sy Ali wrote:
>> > The rear speakers work at all times.. with or without the front
>> > speakers being used.
>>
>> read speakers are a different issue I guess.  I never had any myself. :)
>
> Just to avoid confusion.. by 'rear speakers" I mean the 2 speakers
> which are plugged into the rear of my computers, as opposed to "front
> speakers" which is the jack in the front with the headphones..
>
> I don't use a 5.1 setup or anything.. even though I buy DVDs which
> support it.. hmm.  =/

I don't have the rest of this thread to check so bear with me if you've
already heard it:

Have you checked in alsamixer that Headphone Jack Sense is enabled? It
should be present if your soundcard supports it. Mine is between Master
and PCM (with 2 or so 3D sliders also in between. Something to check if
you haven't already.

Jamon