OT Internet Assigned Numbers Authority

Gregory D Hough mr6re9-mI4xJ4qlgtBiLUuM0BA3LQ at public.gmane.org
Mon Sep 11 11:05:05 UTC 2006

Hello,

As I'm training my firewall to flag abusive hosts and automatically
fire-off incident reports, I came across a perplexing situation. A
particular host has no reverse name although it appears to be from an
ISP out of Michigan. The abuse AT address is for IANA itself. Isn't this
unusual?

I'm not comfortable with my set-up emailing an incident report directly
to IANA because I feel block owners should police their own hosts. This
really throws a wrench in the works. Any thoughts?

Thanks,
greg