Hardware experiences?

Howard Gibson hgibson-MwcKTmeKVNQ at public.gmane.org
Sun Sep 10 00:45:41 UTC 2006

On Sat, 9 Sep 2006 00:03:23 -0400 (EDT)
Colin McGregor <colinmc151-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org> wrote:

> In other words I see vi as being like the World War II
> FP-45 Liberator pistol, a REALLY cheap and REALLY
> nasty pistol that was given out to resistance groups
> in Europe and Asia. The standing "joke" about the
> FP-45 was that you only used it to kill someone with a
> better gun and then threw the FP-45 away... With vi,
> use it to get something better and then ...
>
> Colin McGregor

Colin,

   I still use vi a lot.  A long time ago, before I ever thought about computers, I took a typing course in high school.  Vi's strong point is efficiency.  You can do practically everything with your fingers on the home row.

   Of course, if you are not a touch typist...

   Someone mentioned xemacs.  I like this one a lot, especially for HTML, but it is not supplied with Fedora Core_5.  I checked the website, and found it has not been updated since something like 2001.  It does not support XHTML as far as I know.  Is it still supported?

--
Howard Gibson
hgibson-MwcKTmeKVNQ at public.gmane.org
howardg-PadmjKOQAFn3fQ9qLvQP4Q at public.gmane.org