Hardware experiences?

Simon simon80-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Sun Sep 10 14:56:20 UTC 2006

In some of the benchmarks, the difference is pretty convincing, maybe
I ought to rethink my position..  I knew 64-bit was generally faster
on Athlon 64 chips, but I thought it was a more subtle boost than what
was had with oggenc and povray.  Then again, I don't do either of
those things often ;)  I think if I was installing a new system I'd
consider it, but I'm too lazy and full of FUD to migrate my existing
installs.  I don't have a lot of HDD space to work with either,
otherwise I'd just make new installs.  The OP is on a desktop system,
so he can have as many OS installs as he wants, with a reasonable
price for the storage.