Hardware experiences?

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Fri Sep 8 17:24:09 UTC 2006

On Fri, Sep 01, 2006 at 06:14:14PM -0400, William Park wrote:
> Interesting... I'm thinking about getting rid of all my P2/P3's (all 4
> of them) and replace them with a single P4 system.

Why a P4?  In my mind it has always been a lousy design, and still is.
Intel's latest chip certainly shows just how bad it really is by totally
clobering it in every benchmark while using half the power.

Athlon 64 or Core 2 are really the only sensible choices in CPU today
for x86 systems.  No point being used systems, or systems so obsolete
they might as well be used.

--
Len Sorensen