Running 2 website off 1 IP address

Paul Osman paul-trWFDORQd8hBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Thu Sep 7 20:48:51 UTC 2006

On 7-Sep-06, at 4:27 PM, Jason Carson wrote:

>> ok, My httpd.conf looks like this now
>>
>> NameVirtualHost *:80
>>
>> <VirtualHost *:80>
>> DocumentRoot "/var/www/localhost/htdocs/canuckster"
>> ServerName canuckster.org
>> <Directory "/var/www/localhost/htdocs/canuckster">
>> allow from all
>> Options +Indexes
>> </Directory>
>> </VirtualHost>
>>
>> <VirtualHost *:80>
>> DocumentRoot /var/www/localhost/htdocs/mmorpg
>> ServerName massivelymultiplayeronlineroleplayinggames.org
>> <Directory /var/www/localhost/htdocs/mmorpg>
>> allow from all
>> Options +Indexes
>> </Directory>
>> </VirtualHost>
>>
>> However, only canuckster.org works,
>> massivelymultiplayeronlineroleplayinggames.org doesn't work.
>
> Could it be something wrong with my DNS configuration?

Have you set up an A record for
massivelymultiplayeronlineroleplayinggames.org yet? You may be doing
this with a hosts file, or an internal DNS server on a LAN, but I
noticed that canuckster.org has an A record and the other one doesn't.

Additionally, perhaps you could tell us what you see when you access
massivelymultiplayeronlineroleplayinggames.org? Do you get the
canuckster.org document root?

Cheers,
--
Paul Osman
Freelance Software Developer / Technology Consultant