reading legacy floppy disks

Howard Gibson hgibson-MwcKTmeKVNQ at public.gmane.org
Wed Sep 6 02:39:48 UTC 2006

On Mon, 4 Sep 2006 20:33:03 -0400 (EDT)
phiscock-g851W1bGYuGnS0EtXVNi6w at public.gmane.org wrote:
> (Speaking of computer museums, I recall back in the early 80's a visiting
> high-school student remarked that the equipment in the Ryerson CS
> department would make a fine museum, and that they should simply change
> the label on the lab door. This story had wide currency, and suddenly
> there was a massive upgrade of the computer labs.)
>
> P.

Peter,

   I took a C programming course at Ryerson back about ten years ago.  I had to go out and find a 5-1/4" floppy drive so that I could work offline.  Perhaps the computers I saw were the replacements for the computer museum you saw.

   I still have the 5-1/4, at least until I find another need for the drive bay.

--
Howard Gibson
hgibson-MwcKTmeKVNQ at public.gmane.org
howardg-PadmjKOQAFn3fQ9qLvQP4Q at public.gmane.org