off topicthe home of tomorrow?

Sy Ali sy1234-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu Sep 7 00:36:05 UTC 2006

On 9/6/06, dave morton <dmortondc-PkbjNfxxIARBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> i can envision a day when low voltage wiring will be the norm for lights etc
> but what
> about 'wiring' (fibre, cat5 etc) in the home of the near future? is gigabit
> ethernet going to stay within the wires or will it become just another part
> of the radio spectrum as soon as bandwith glitches are cleared up?

Unless you do fancy networking (server / thin client stuff) then the
newer wireless stuff which has been coming out will suit most needs.
Heck, I do a bit of searching and find references to 400Mbit
wireless..

There ought to be a technique or material or something which can be
set into the structure of the place to let you fish new cable through
at a later date.. perhaps that's your best bet for planning..