asus a7v8x

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Wed Sep 6 20:26:18 UTC 2006

On Wed, Aug 30, 2006 at 08:07:50PM -0400, Oliver Meyn wrote:
> Arpad Toth wrote:
> >hi lads,
> >
> >I am looking for a working asus socket A type mobo,
> >must support DDR, the one a7v8x is just died
> >here....anyone has kinda similar/same?
> >
> >tks,
> >
> >RP
> >
> Hi Arpad,
>
> I have a like new in box (came out to test a cpu, went back in) A7N8X-E.
>  This chipset was probably the best socket A of them all, supports ddr,
> has onboard audio and dual nics.  You can have it for $80, or less if
> you insist.  I'm in the beaches.

They are excellent boards.  Support every socket A cpu made as far as I
can tell, and DDR ram up to 200MHz (well unless you want to overclock
it).  I got one of them a while ago, and it is doing a great job running
my mythtv box.  My work desktop runs the same board too as does my
father's machine.

--
Len Sorensen