reading legacy floppy disks

phiscock-g851W1bGYuGnS0EtXVNi6w at public.gmane.org phiscock-g851W1bGYuGnS0EtXVNi6w at public.gmane.org
Tue Sep 5 00:33:03 UTC 2006

> I have a bunch of 7" (yes, 7-inch) double-sided, high density (something
> over 1MB per disk) floppies that I want to try to read.

Zbigniew Stachniak (zbigniew-syTJIgLXA8osA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org) at York University has an
extensive collection of legacy hardware and software as the basis for a
small computer museum. So he might have something that is functional.

Peter

(Speaking of computer museums, I recall back in the early 80's a visiting
high-school student remarked that the equipment in the Ryerson CS
department would make a fine museum, and that they should simply change
the label on the lab door. This story had wide currency, and suddenly
there was a massive upgrade of the computer labs.)

P.

--
Peter Hiscocks
Syscomp Electronic Design Limited, Toronto