Why not Linux?

Colin McGregor colinmc151-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Mon Sep 4 16:20:25 UTC 2006

--- Rick Tomaschuk <rickl-ZACYGPecefkm4kRHVhTciCwD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> While you are certainly entitled to your opinion, I
> am as equally
> entitled to mine. I'm certain passengers on the
> Titanic were adamant
> about the choices they have made but this doesn't
> mean I have to like,
> honor, respect or even entertain the judgment of
> business leaders who
> are beyond reasoning with. I call 'em as I see 'em.
> Tyrants prevail when
> common people do nothing. Microsoft is an illegal
> monopoly according the
> the USDOJ. The company is impacting on our simplest
> day to day business
> operations and the economy in a negative way. Some
> obviously benefit but
> many do not.
> RickT

For a few people their 1912 trip on the RMS Titanic
was a pleasant experience, seriously. The Titanic made
it's maiden voyage from Southampton, England, with
stops at Cherbourg, France and Queenstown, Ireland,
then from there the ship went into the Atlantic ocean
for a date with an iceberg. There were a handful of
people who only travelled from Southampton to
Cherbourg or Queenston, and for them the RMS Titanic
was good (this also explains why there are some nice
surviving pictures taken during the Titanic's maiden
voyage, all by a man who got off at Queenstown).

Same story with Microsoft products, yes, there are
some VERY few cases where Microsoft software is the
best solution, but ... You don't want to use it one
the big bad ocean (aka: the Internet), and ... and

Colin McGregor