Software Freedom Day & linuxcaffe

David J Patrick davidjpatrick-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org
Mon Sep 4 14:19:10 UTC 2006

Sept 16 is SFD !
see: softwarefreedomday.org
the director of the initiative is Pia Waugh, from Auz.

according to the Contact>Teams>Canada>ON>Toronto part of the site;
===
Toronto Ontario Canada. Software Freedom Day looks to be at either
Dundas Square, or Nathan Phillips. Olympic Event at Dundas Square
might rule out that venue. Other venues are possible.

SFD contact is teddymills AT hotmail.com
===
NEAT !
I wonder what might happen ?

As always, we scratched our heads and asked ourselves how this little
geek-a-teria might get behind it.
...hmmmmm .. we just did LinuxInThePark2006, and the weather's
beginning to turn, to that sort of thing is out... the then BING !!!
the light comes on !

We'll shoot a "B-roll" TV news package, and deliver it to the networks
in time for them to promote SFD, or at least explain the gaggle of CD
waving geeks and the giant inflatable penguin !
We got location, lights, cameras, editing gear, expertise and a DVD
burner, so why not ? The Local News stations/ networks will happily
use anything local+event+reasonable quality+free, especially something
so hi-tech and confusing as Open Source Software.

We need;
linux Luminaries. The most recognisable and/or influential and/or
captivating speakers we can round up this week.
Newbies, clueless OK, but wildly enthusiastic.
To be interviewed, before the 11th, to make a 15second, a 45second and
a 2 minute version, to be completed no later than Sept 13th.

I've started a forum topic, at linuxcaffe.ca/sfd, and invite you do
GOYA and do something.

thank you,
djp

djp-tnsZcVQxgqO2dHQpreyxbg at public.gmane.org
www.linuxcaffe.ca
326 Harbord Street, Toronto, M6G 3A5, (416) 534-2116