Linux may lose its chance of competing with Microsoft after the 64bit revolution gets underway

Robert Brockway rbrockway-wgAaPJgzrDxH4x6Dk/4f9A at public.gmane.org
Sat Sep 2 14:20:26 UTC 2006

On Fri, 1 Sep 2006, James Knott wrote:

> On one "Nova", I was able to identify SUSE Linux, on the scientist's
> computer.  The show was about one of the interplanetary space probes, IIRC.

Some years ago a friend of mine was interviewed by a science program for
some revolutionary work he was doing[1].  Not only did he set his office
up to prominently display his Linux based PC on film but he left various
images of the HUMBUG LUG (http://www.humbug.org.au) on the screen and
around the office to try to get it on film too.  The editors managed to
cut all of the references to HUMBUG out of the piece.  Oh well, I guess
they were on to him :)

[1] On robotics IIRC - he's done work on revolutionary projects in a
number of areas - very smart cookie.

Rob

--
Robert Brockway B.Sc.        Phone:          +1-905-821-2327
Senior Technical Consultant  Urgent Support: +1-416-669-3073