Inquiry about FREE mailing lists

Giles Orr gilesorr-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Sat Sep 2 00:25:01 UTC 2006

On 9/1/06, Paul King <sciguy-Ja3L+HSX0kI at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> I just wanted to run this past some people. I am planning to
> maintain a mailing list for a group of people, and I was wondering
> if there are any trustworthy providers of this service.

I'm going to second the suggestion of yahoo groups, although I haven't
adminned one.  I'm a member of
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/altkeyboards/ , but I _never_ go to the
website because I've always treated it as a mailing list.  I've been
on and off that list for several years, and they've been a yahoo group
for about six years - I've been quite happy with the setup from a user
point of view.  I receive my messages from them exactly as I do from
GTALUG.  People have the option of getting mails or visiting the site
(you may want them to receive emails, but options are generally good).
 It appears yahoo groups can have closed membership.

--
Giles
http://www.gilesorr.com/
gilesorr-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org