Why not Linux?

Mike Oliver moliver-fC0AHe2n+mcIvw5+aKnW+Pd9D2ou9A/h at public.gmane.org
Fri Sep 1 18:16:32 UTC 2006

Colin McGregor wrote:

> I do admit to liking some Microsoft keyboards/mice,
> but overall I see Microsoft in exactly the same light
> as I saw IBM in the mid-1980s a bully who needs to be
> taken down a notch (or two). I do hope Microsoft
> coming down does not happen because a new comparable
> nasty shows up and that Microsoft does evolve into
> something respectable (i.e.: maybe just makers of nice
> keyboards and mice :-) ).

They do one other thing well, and that's Developer
Studio.  Why can't somebody make a decent IDE, or
more to the point a decent debugger, for Linux?  I've
futzed around with Eclipse, but while it has problems
of its own, the biggest problem is that it sits
on top of gdb, which is just blatantly broken.