KnoppMyth Install Event.

Simon simon80-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Mon Oct 30 19:56:29 UTC 2006

This reminds me, perhaps some of the attendees may be interested to
know that you can have a static address with DCHP by setting up an
alias in your dhclient.conf (on Debian based systems, at least, though
Gentoo can do this as well with a different config file).  Off the top
of my head it's something like

alias {
    interface "eth0"
    address 192.168.10.10
    network 192.168.10.0
    mask 255.255.255.0
}

and then your computer effectively can be reached at two IP addresses.
 Not sure if it's as reliable as static IPs, but it can be easier to
keep a DHCP server running on your network and still keep a static IP.