Rogers and BitTorrent: another datapoint

JoeHill joehill-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org
Sun Oct 29 02:47:55 UTC 2006

On Sat, 28 Oct 2006 13:23:28 -0400
Michael MacLeod got an infinite number of monkeys to type out:

> I'm not being a Java apologist here, I'm just glad that I understand both
> the OO and the procedural paradigms, and that I know both C and Java (in
> addition to others) equally well. I think that these skills and the ability
> to know when to apply which ones will make me much more valuable to any
> potential employers than a programmer hellbent on sticking to the one
> language he/she knows.

That's a whole other argu...er, discussion, though.

I'm no programmer, hell, I don't understand most of what you guys are talking
about :DD

But you've got two different debates goin' on here:

1. Java is just annoying. It's bloated, it's really unnecessary (same tasks
accomplished with less overhead), and, correct me if I'm wrong, but is it not
easily used as a tool for creating malware? (note I said 'easily', as in
'script kiddie' easy)

Agree, disagree, whatever.

2. What you said.

Len's arguing de jure (as was I, though somewhat less...eloquently?), you're
arguing de facto. Dig? ;)

--
JoeHill / RLU #282046