from HTML button to shell command

Chris Cunnington cunnington-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org
Sat Oct 28 02:24:57 UTC 2006

>   See <http://cfaj.freeshell.org/testing/>.

Hi Chris,

That script certainly is a model of economy. I didn't know there was another
book out there besides Wicked Cool Shell Scripts that also addressed shell
script CGI. I like the demo page, as well.

Seeing your script has lead me to return to shell scripts. I've been
exploring Perl and shell scripts. The key here, I think, is sudo. If I
configure sudoers properly, then the script that gets executed from HTML
page button should look like this:

!#/bin/sh

sudo squeak -headless /home/ccunning/Seaside/Seaside2.6.image&

That should be all it takes. If I abandon the Perl way, then I can do
without the system() function. Why make it more complicated? I was thinking
I had to find a way to enter the password, but if I configure sudoers
properly, then I think I can execute just the script, as I've written it.

Chris