Postfix, Rogers, and SMTP AUTH

Tim Goodaire tgoodaire-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Fri Oct 27 20:19:43 UTC 2006

You're in luck. I have this setup at home. Here is how you set up the
authentication part:

First of all, you need a version of postgres with sasl support compiled in.

Then you need to edit main.cf:

smtp_sasl_auth_enable = yes
smtp_sasl_security_options =

Then, create /etc/postfix/sasl_passwd:
smtp.broadband.rogers.com       username:password

postmap sasl_passwd