MythTV install workshop?

Colin McGregor colinmc151-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Fri Oct 27 11:42:16 UTC 2006

--- Dave Germiquet <davegermiquet-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> Hey All,
>

>        What's the official day for the Mythtv
> INSTALL?

We are going to go with a KnoppMyth install event
starting Saturday November 4th, 11:00 AM - to say 3:00
PM. This will be at Linuxcaffe 326 Harbord Street
(nearest subway stop is Christie, about a 10 minute
walk away). The focus of this will be to do a hands on
event, doing actual installs. Now here is hoping that
we don't get say 50 people showing up at this as
Linuxcaffe is a small place... If you do want to be at
this installfest please e-mail me so if it looks like
we will be short on space we can start making
alternate plans.

When it comes to PCs to be used for the install, you
will want to bring a PC with these sorts of specs (or
better):

- PIII 750 MHz (better recommended)
- 256 MB RAM (more recommended)
- 80 GB hard drive (can be done with 2 x 40 GB drives
but MUCH more is strongly recommended)
- DVD or CD-ROM reader (DVD recommended).
- 1 or more Linux support TV tuner cards (ideally the
ones supported under the ivtv drivers see:
http://ivtvdriver.org/index.php/Main_Page)
- Video card (ideally one that can do mpeg decoding,
such as a Hauppage PVR-350 or the nVidia 5200 (or
better) video cards)

Any questions?

Colin.