XMLHttpRequest POST request on Gecko

Zbigniew Koziol softquake-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Fri Oct 27 00:54:01 UTC 2006

On Thursday 26 October 2006 19:26, Stephen Allen wrote:

> An RIA is somewhat lighter and runs on all platforms visually the same,
> with similar performance. At least that's the idea.
>
> (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rich_Internet_application)

All this is mambo-jumbo, just words.

> > btw, you might want to check out www.thinwire.com for a very cool AJAX
> > client
>
> Looks interesting. :)
>
> Another technology that I'm somewhat familiar with is;
> OpenLaszlo, (http://www.openlaszlo.org/) which has an Eclipse plugin, as
> does Flex.
>
> I suppose Laszlo is probably more appro for GNU/OSS followers, than
> perhaps Flex/Apollo, although Flex/Apollo is where the momentum is.
>
> BTW Flex/Apollo play with AJAX quite nicely, via the SPRY framework
> (http://labs.adobe.com/wiki/index.php/Spry).

The idea is called Ajax. Around it many just create their own framework and
call it by their name of choice. There is nothing much beside that in these
"technologies".

I myself almost hate to use a programming on a top of another programming if I
do not have to. In the case of Ajax - I do not have to. All can be done by
using JavaScript, DOM effects, and some server side programming of own
choice. There is no need to invent any new "technology" of that kind. In fact
these things are not "new" "technologies" at all.

Laszlo is based on Java. I am like most - not a programmer of it (though can
deal with it well) and aperentely because of that not liking it ;)

The idea of Ajax is very simple. Everyone who has some experience with
JavaScript and server-side programming (including database interactivity)
will do.

zb.