XMLHttpRequest POST request on Gecko

Stephen Allen kru_tch-FFYn/CNdgSA at public.gmane.org
Thu Oct 26 23:26:14 UTC 2006

Dave Cramer wrote:

> On 26-Oct-06, at 9:40 AM, Stephen Allen wrote:
>
>> Dave Cramer wrote:

>>> Where is this going that AJAX can't ?
>>
>> Outside of the browser <ie> RIAs. Flex can "push" AJAX can't.
>
> There are ways around AJAX pushing. I have no idea what an RIA is,
> however if there's no browser what's the difference between that and a
> thick client.

An RIA is somewhat lighter and runs on all platforms visually the same,
with similar performance. At least that's the idea.

(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rich_Internet_application)

> btw, you might want to check out www.thinwire.com for a very cool AJAX
> client

Looks interesting. :)

Another technology that I'm somewhat familiar with is;
OpenLaszlo, (http://www.openlaszlo.org/) which has an Eclipse plugin, as
does Flex.

I suppose Laszlo is probably more appro for GNU/OSS followers, than
perhaps Flex/Apollo, although Flex/Apollo is where the momentum is.

BTW Flex/Apollo play with AJAX quite nicely, via the SPRY framework
(http://labs.adobe.com/wiki/index.php/Spry).