MythTV install workshop?

Colin McGregor colinmc151-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Thu Oct 26 21:20:23 UTC 2006

--- Michael MacLeod <mikemacleod-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> Ubuntu Edgy has been released, and there's a handy
> guide for installing
> MythTV on it on the community docs page:
>
> https://help.ubuntu.com/community/MythTV
>
> I would say this looks like the ticket, rather than
> an outdated KnoppMyth
> release. I know the Edgy packages are pulled from
> 0.20-fixes.

Shrug, I am not convinced on a few levels. MythTV 0.20
has been out for about 6 weeks (and we have over a
week before the install so there may be a new version
between now and then). Further KnoppMyth is a quicker
less painful install that what is described in the
above website, even with the partition nonsense that
needs to be dealt with when it comes to KnoppMyth.

On other notes, I was in at Factory Direct on College
near Spadina and they have received some more of the
Adaptec AVC-2410 cards which if you have a coupon are
$29.99 (excellent deal, as these are basically
Hauppage PVR-150 act alike (auto-detected and
configured by KnoppMyth)).

Colin McGregor