SFU Survey - Government online and Open Source software

Kevin Cozens kcozens-qazKcTl6WRFWk0Htik3J/w at public.gmane.org
Thu Oct 26 19:54:24 UTC 2006

Scott Elcomb wrote:
> This came in earlier through the CLUE mailing list.  I think it was a
> fairly well put together survey.

It does have a good set of options most of the time.

It does have some oddities though. I particularly like:
Through what devices can you access the Internet from home? Please check all
that apply.

One of the options is:
A mobile telephone or another wireless personal digital assistant (PDA)

I didn't realize that all mobile telephones are wireless PDAs.

Also interesting is that it still forces you to enter something for why you
have the specified number of computers in your house even if you stated the
number was "I decline to answer".

They also don't have a choice that deals with multi-boot computers when asking
what operating system is on the computer you use most.

--
Cheers!

Kevin.

http://www.interlog.com/~kcozens/ |"What are we going to do today, Borg?"
Owner of Elecraft K2 #2172        |"Same thing we always do, Pinkutus: