MythTV install workshop?

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Thu Oct 26 13:49:26 UTC 2006

On Wed, Oct 25, 2006 at 04:55:06PM -0400, Michael MacLeod wrote:
> Oh wow, KnoppMyth is still only 0.19? I'd almost say not to bother with
> KnoppMyth then. 0.20 is much better. Some teething pains perhaps, but well
> worth it. Ubuntu Dapper + MythTV is relatively painless. The actual Ubuntu
> MythTV packages are stuck way back at 0.18, but there are third-party repo's
> for Dapper that feature 0.20 and work well. They're actually maintained by
> the guy who's got 0.20 into the next release of Edgy.
>
> There is only one outstanding bug that I've encountered that affects some
> (not all) nvidia users. It's documented here:
> http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/2448

That bug can be avoided if you build without the opengl vsync option.
The debian packages were rebuilt without that option and then my machine
stopped crashing when I go to the live tv program guide.  It was quite
annoying that is for sure.  I suspect it is a bug in nvidia's drivers
that doesn't like xvideo and opengl with vsync enabled at the same time
or something like that.

I wonder if anyone has asked nvidia about it.  Seems easy enough to
reproduce.

--
Len Sorensen